Merger and Acquisition Integrations
Mergers and acquisitions are the most challenging change for organizations because they shine a spotlight on every aspect of the day-to-day lives of the people. Functional departments, infrastructure, systems, processes, human resources, missions, values and corporate culture are just a few areas that an M&A integration will review. Integrations force companies to think outside of “the way we have always done things around here” and comes up with “the way we are going to do things in the future.” An M&A requires the most delicate balance of project management and change management.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT– is concerned with the physical aspects of integrating two organizations (structure, facilities, technology, equipment, systems, processes, products and services).
CHANGE MANAGEMENT– is concerned with the emotional, cultural, psychological and personal aspects of the change.
LAMAC® executives are members of the Institute for Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances (IMAA). All of our M&A teams include a certified M&A integration and/or post integration specialist such as the IMAA’s CPMI-Certified Post Merger Integration Professional or the CM&AI-Certified M&A Integration Professional.
Our primary M&A integration and post integration services are:
Establishing integration principles provides people with a collective sense of purpose, belonging and a call to action.
- Integration scope
- Project governance
- Team hierarchy, roles and responsibilities
- Project risks assessment and assumptions
- Risk mitigation strategy
- Cultural Due Diligence and planning
- Performance metrics
- Resource allocation
- Tasks and activities
- Project tracking system
- Performance metrics tracking system
- Executive alignment
- Executive transition coaching
- Sponsorship roadmapping
- Leadership development
- Communication plans
- Coaching plans
- Resistance management plans
- Training plan
Organizations thrive when employees feel valued. Having a set of guiding principles for creating a culture of connection will lead to greater productivity, innovation and talent retention.
- Functional integration strategies
- Sustainable process development
- Talent retention
- Conflict intervention framework
- Integration program tracking
- Performance metric tracking
- Risk management tracking
- Executive change coaching
- Sponsor change coaching
- Resistance management counsel
- Communication plan execution
- Training plan execution
- Stakeholder management
- Celebration of key milestones
- Lessons learned
- Benchmark assessment
- Transition of program to business